September 18, 2014

Would Janet Yellen be able to hear my question, if I was able to make it?

Sir, Robin Harding quotes Janet Yellen: “There are still too many people who want jobs but cannot find them, too many working part time but would prefer full-time work, and too many who are not searching for a job but would be if the labour market were stronger” “Yellen sticks to script as impatience rises”, September 18.

If I had a voice in the Federal Open MarkeT Committee, which I have not, I would have loved to have asked Janet Yellen: 

“And how many of those so affected, can we estimate to be the result of us requiring our banks to hold much much more capital, meaning equity, when they lend to medium and small businesses entrepreneurs and start ups, than what we require them to have when they lend to the Federal government or to the AAAristocracy?”

I wonder whether Janet Yellen would have even heard my question.