June 02, 2006

A Blog Is Born

I like reading The Financial Times, or FT as it is known, and I frequently write letters to the editor and some of them that have indeed been kindly published, for which I feel honored being mostly unknown outside of my country Venezuela.

But then I realized that all those letters to the editor that for reasons impossible for me to comprehend were never published, were condemned to an eternal silence not of their own fault, and so I decided to, at a marginal cost of zero, to resurrect them and keep them alive, right here.

English is not my mother language so bear with me and you’ll probably note when my letter has been published in FT by its correctness. Swedish is my mother language but I have not written anything serious in it for about 40 years and last time I tried, they just laughed their hearts out because of my outdated expressions. Polish is my father language but, unfortunately, I do not speak a word of Polish, much less write. Yes Spanish is my language, as I am from Venezuela and although I trust I write in it with great flair, I would never dream of publishing an article in Spanish without having it edited by my wife.

And so friends here is my Tea with FT blog with my old and new letters to the editor. I hope you will share them with me now and again, and then again.

Welcome, and cheers, as I believe they say over there.

Per

PS. Just so that FT does not get too cocky and believes they are my only window to the world, I will now and again publish a letter sent to the editor of another publication.